Re: How to RUN a program?

Given that your system is not one of our standard platforms, it's difficult
to say exactly what's wrong now.  You do seem to be on the right track though.

Just to show you how it's done, I just ran this on the iPAQ (an SA1110 platform).
Here are exactly the steps I took:

  % mkdir -p /work/iPAQ/test
  % cd /work/iPAQ/test
  % ecosconfig new ipaq
  % ecosconfig tree
  % make
  % cp -a /work2/ecc/doc/examples .
  % cd examples
  % SRCS=hello.c DST=hello ./build_Makefile /work/iPAQ/test
  % make
  % arm-elf-gdb -nw hello
  GNU gdb 4.18-ecos-99r1-991015
  Type "show copying" to see the conditions.  This version of GDB is supported
  for customers of Cygnus Solutions.  Type "show warranty" for details.
  This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-elf"...
  (gdb) arem
  0x500471c0 in ?? ()
  (gdb) lo
  Start address 0x20040 , load size 47940
  Transfer rate: 25568 bits/sec.
  (gdb) c
  Continuing.
  Hello, eCos world!

  idle_thread_main (data=21423050) at /work2/ecc/ecc/kernel/current/src/common/thread.cxx:1211
  1211        }
  Current language:  auto; currently c++
  (gdb) q
  The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y