RE: Creating MBX860 Stubs

On 02-Jul-2001 khlai@engmail.uwaterloo.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build a GDB stub ROM image for MBX860.  When I type
> in: "ecosconfig new mbx stubs", I am getting the followng messages:
>
> 6 conflict(s) resolved:
>  CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied:  CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "ROM"
>  CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR
>  CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
>  CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS
>  CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: !
> CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_SAVE_MINIMUM_CONTEXT
>  CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: ! CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM
>

> How can I fix this?  When I try to download the stub to the target, I am not
> getting any prompt.

There doesn't seem to be anything to fix - ecosconfig resolved all of the
conflicts.

You don't want to download the stub to your target - the stub is designed to
be programmed into the flash and run from reset.

Check the latest documentation for details.

> Also, do I need to install Redboot if I use eCos?

You certainly don't _have_ to, but you'll probably find the additional
flexibility useful.