Problems flashing MBX board with Redboot

Having grabbed the images from http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/redbootbins/mbx860/ for the MBX860 board (40Mhz, revision 31D I think) and then following the procedure outlined in the docs using the file redboot_ROM_40.srec

[   lo 0
pflash 40000 60000 fc000000
etc.   ]

to install the image in flash and then swapping J4 leads to the board doing *nothing*.

Using niop to transfer redboot_ROM_40.bin and then installing that in flash also leads to a non booting board. I've verified that the images are transferred okay and that the correct data has been written to flash. Originally the board had a vxWorks boot image and that worked fine.

What am I doing wrong?

I've also compiled the redboot image from source and tried all the other possible images from redhat also compiling them myself and none of those work. Another board was also used. I must have missed something.

Suggestions appreciated

tia

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to Roke
Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without permission. This
communication is for information only and shall not create or change any contractual
relationship.