Re: A patch for Assabet PCMCIA driver to work with PRETEC

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

>   >
>   > Gary Thomas wrote:
>   > >
>   > > While I can incorporate this change (I might try something else
>   > > though), it would seem to me that this implies that the
>   > PRETEC card is
>   > > broken if it does not even have any Manufacturer ID
>   > information [which
>   > > I believe is mandatory].
>   >
>   > Even so, if it doesn't work without it. It may be a
>   > hardware bug, but that's life. It doesn't really matter how
>   > we detect the card, just that we do.
>   >
>  But what if it's only a problem with his card, and not the PRETEC card
> in general?

Unless I'm mistaken, the choice of field to query is arbitrary. However it
seems Gary did already apply the change internally (I assumed he hadn't).
In the absence of better information, just trust the contributor!

Although one thing occurred to me that I wondered about that I may as well
ask: whether I-Jui tried increasing the delay before the read to see if
that made a difference.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/