Re: How to choose hardware template and execute program in Win98?

MJLiu@mxic.com.tw wrote:
> 1. Can I build my eCos kernel and develop and execute my application in my
> host Win98 not in my embedded hardware platform because my embedded
> hardware platform is not available. Before my platform is ready, I wish I
> can run my program under my host PC.
>
> 2. If the answer to item-1 is yes, which hardware template should I choose?
> As I know, my build tool in Cygwin is i686-pc-cygwin-gcc.exe. I can not
> find appropriate hardware template for the build tool. It will cause the
> build of eCos kernel to fail.
>
> Would you give me the answers?

I would recommend either the mn10300 stdeval1 or mips tx39 jmr3904
simulators. When using these, build for "ROM" startup. There's some more
info on how to run the simulators in the Getting Start guides.

Alternatively if you have a spare PC you can either use the x86 PC port, or
use the synthetic linux target - which is almost like a simulator but a lot
faster because the programs run natively on Linux.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/