Re: file system initialize

james chen wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >       I use MTAB_ENTRY to static mount a fs. when I debug my fs, I found
> > > that fs->mount is called before dlmalloc initialize. so malloc called
> > > failure in mount. may be the init priority of
> > > fileio_initializer(io\fileio\src\misc.cxx) must be changed, can anyone
> tell
> > > me how to change it!
> > >
> > >     static Cyg_Fileio_Init_Class fileio_initializer
> > > CYGBLD_ATTRIB_INIT_PRI(CYG_INIT_IO); ???
> >
> > fileio _should_ be initialized before dlmalloc. dlmalloc is initialized
> > with priority "CYGBLD_ATTRIB_INIT_BEFORE(CYG_INIT_LIBC)", which is (from
> > infra/current/include/cyg_type.h) 49900.
> >
> > CYG_INIT_IO is 49000.
> >
> > Did you compile all of eCos with -finit-priority? Perhaps your tools don't
> > support it properly. What version of gcc/binutils you got?
> >
> my gcc/binutils is arm-elf-gcc with version 2.95 and I have
> enable -finit-priority. during my own file system initializing, I need to
> call malloc. so now I have to use dynamic mount instead of static mount, am
> I right?

In general "libc" stuff has to be set up after the I/O stuff because of
stdio. However that is somewhat historical, and I could probably change the
memory allocator initializer priority to be something earlier now. I'll do
that, and you can do that too by editing
services/memalloc/common/current/src/heapgen.tcl and changing the
CYG_INIT_LIBC to CYG_INIT_IO.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/