RE: "hello" in integrator/arm7tdmi/windows2000

Kai Dorau - mailto:dorauk@thmulti.com
TEL: (+49 511) 418 2557, FAX: 2483
Hannover Home Networks (HHN) Laboratory
Corporate Research Hanover
Research & Innovation
Thomson Multimedia

Hi

> My platforms is arm integrator/ARM7TDMI with Multi-ICE.
> My host is windows2000,cygwin,ecos1.3.1 and ecos configtool 2.02.
> I was able to building arm-development tools for windows
> through http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/win-arm-elf.html
> (gcc 2.95.2/insight 5.0/binutils-2.11.2)
I have the same environment...

> BTW, I found that ecos porting into the integrator board is
> in progess.
> so I used arm porting source made by Philippe Robin at ARM
> with CVS sources(2000-10-15).
Ok...

> From ecos config tool, I selected  arm integrator/cygmon and
> I could get "cygmon.bin","cygmon.elf","cygmon.img" and
> "cygmon.srec".(start up type is rom.)
> I did download cygmon.bin to flash memory in integrator via Multi-ICE.
> and did reboot.(of course booting from flosh memory:
> S1-1,2,3,4 is all off)
I downloaded the cygmon.srec to the flash via bootROM (it's the boot
manager from ARM).

> My hyperterminal shows
> "ARM eCos" ,
> but it is all.. It han no response and no prompt.
It's ok (e.g. COM1)

> I executed cygwin and compiled hello.c.
Ok,

> then, I did like this:
>
> arm-elf-gdb -nw a.out
> (gdb) set remotebaud 38400
> (gdb) target remote com1
maybe COM2 ???

> Remote debugging using com1.
> Ignoring packet error, confinuing...
> Ignoring packet error, confinuing...
> Ignoring packet error, confinuing...
> Couldn't establish connection to remote target
> Malformed response to offset query, timeout
> (gdb)
>
> My problem is this...
> How can I get "Hello! eCos" on my screen.
> Did I omit anything? or My process is alright?
Oki, the first one you can check the cygmon output at COM2.
My configuration is: GDB serial port=1 (COM2), Debug serial port=1 (COM2)
and Diagnostic serial port=0 (COM1).
The string 'ARM eCos' is written to COM1 (diagnostic) and commands can
be typed at COM2 (GDB/Debug serial port).

Now arm-elf-gdb can be connected to the COM2 port and you have to see
following:

arm-elf-gdb -nw a.out
(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote com2