Re: Advice for student project

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> If you don't have any device dependencies (at first), the Linux synth
> target is a fine place to start. The iPaq is a sexy looking choice for
> demos.

The iPAQ can also be seen as resembling forthcoming PDAs, 3G mobile
phones, etc..  Elsewhere in this company there are people wrestling with
WinCE / Creme in order to demonstrate our telematics framework.  I am
hoping (nay, I am confident) that we can demonstrate something which
beats that on every front, using outr own VM and eCos.

One thing we do need is IP connectivity.  IIRC the synthetic target
doesn't have that.  I'm assuming that dial-up PPP over a PCMCIA
modem on the iPAQ will work.

> > And before anyone asks: the VM in question is scheduled to be
> > released under a BSD-ish licence later this month.
>
> Now that would be interesting :-).

Very. :->

Regards

Chris Gray