When PLATFORM_SETUP1 code is executed?

when this code is executed? Only when the application compiled is intented
to be a ROM Monitor?

Let me see if I understood it correctly (please correct me): It depends on
the variable CYG_HAL_STARTUP_ROM, which in turn is defined only if
CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR is defined. So when the application is compiled to
be loaded to RAM this code doesn't need to be executed since it has
already been executed by the monitor (but then the memory is not
remmaped!!??). Even if it is compiled to be loaded to ROM, but not as a
monitor (RedBoot for instance), the code is also not included since the
monitor has to be executed before, which in turn transfer the execution to
the application. Is that how does it work?

Thanks,
Cristiano.

Cristiano Ligieri Pereira - http://www.ics.uci.edu/~cpereira