Re: difference between gdb and insight

Arnaud,

> is there a differences in the way GDB and Insight can use JEENI embedded
> ice for debugging ARM code.

No, in fact insight is just a use interface on top of GDB. If you start it
with the -nw option you will get a regular gdb prompt.

> Is there any other things I should know ?

Beside from the obvious stuff (what is your target, where should your program
be loaded) there is not to much to take care off.
However, it might be that your platform needs some initialisation before you
are able to use your RAM memory (my system contains a device controller that
needs to be programmed with the correct memory with and delay cycles before it
can be used).

you are able to write to and read from your memory.

Good luck,

     Rob Jansen

Software Engineer
Competence Center Platforms
BU Mobile Communications
Meijhorst 60-10, 6537 KT Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Tel: +31-24-353-6329
Fax: +31-24-353-3613
mailto:Rob.WJ.Jansen@philips.com