Re: How to boot from floppy by using eCos?

cguwinds wrote:
> > cguwinds wrote:
> > > How to boot from floppy by using eCos?
> >
> > Yes. http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/
>
> Ok,I see.
> I've already download the document,but I can't find which document mention about booting from floppy.
> I search the key word "floppy" under "ecos-ref.pdf","cdl-guide.pdf"
> ,"ecos-tutorial-i386PC.pdf" and "user-guides.pdf",
> but I can't find any document that describe about booting from floppy .
> Could you tell me which document that I should  use?

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/x86pc.html for writing a
RedBoot image to a floppy (you can get prebuilt ones off of
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/pcmobo.html or you can build your
own).

For your own programs, while it is preferable to load via RedBoot at first,
later you can write your programs directly to floppy by just reconfiguring
eCos for FLOPPY startup and writing your program in binary format to floppy
in the same way as redboot.

Jifl