dhcp leases and link status

Hi,

I'm using the edb7xxx + cs8900a setup. I'm trying to gracefully handle
the situation where my device is powered on without an ethernet
connection, then one is inserted afterwards. What i've noticed is that
the dhcp client gives up if it isn't able to get a lease fairly quickly,
and it doesn't appear to try again.

The dhcp interface is very public, so i'm wondering what is the safest
way to force the dhcp layer to send another dhcp request? Should i just
post to the dhcp_needs_attention semaphore and cross my fingers? I'd
like to avoid referencing any variables or data that might not be
exposed later.

-Dan

--
Dan Conti             e danc@iobjects.com
Software Engineer     p    (425) 289 0326