Networking in a ROM build

Is there anything I should know about using a ROM version of my eCos
program as opposed to the RAM version?  In particular I need to know if
there are some settings I should change that might affect the networking
aspect of it.  Below I have a brief description of my program and what
goes wrong.

I have 5 threads.
AcquireThread - acquires data required by TransmitThreadX threads.
TransmitThreadA - connects and transmits data to a windows machine
TransmitThreadB - connects and transmits data to a windows machine
StatusSignalsThread - connects and transmits status signals to a windows
machine (eg. voltage, temperature, etc.)
CommandThread - waits for connection from the windows machine.

Once the Transmit and Status signal threads have connected to my windows
machine on three separate ports, the windows machine connects back to
the CommandThread socket using the IP obtained from one of the other
sockets.

Everything works fine when using GDB, Redboot and a RAM version of my
program.

When using a ROM version, the following thing happens:
The transmit and status signal threads connect to my windows machine
just fine.  After they are connected, my windows machine attempts to
connect back to the embedded system's CommandThread socket.  The
connection attempt times out.

I traced through the windows code, and it is connecting to the correct
IP:PORT pair.

So, any config options I should be looking at?  If not, where should I
start for trying to debug something like this?

Trenton D. Adams
Extreme Engineering
#17, 6025 - 12 St. SE
Calgary, Alberta, Canada