Hello please help me to run hello world for i386 without connecting hardware

Hello,
   I am very much new to ecos.I have followed the docoumentation and installed the ecos and cygwin tools and i configured for i386.

        I have generated a sample program like hello world.

    I have copied the make file from examples directory of ecos in to /d/cygwin/ecos/ecos-work/examples where ecos-work is my working directory.and iam having hello world application program.

ecosconfig --help //its working
ecosconfig list //its working
ecosconfig new pc//its working
ecosconfig tree //its working

make //its working
make tests //its working
I have given the command

make

it has generated the

hello.exe and hello.o

up to this it is working fine.

when i tried like

i386-elf-gdb -b 38400 com1

i am getting some gdb source window asking me to enter target details.

I tried but its hanging.

so i tried some thing like
i386-elf-gdb -nw hello.exe
<gdb>target remote com1
iam getting
 Ignoring the packet error,continuing
 Ignoring the packet error,continuing
 Ignoring the packet error,continuing

and some thing like
malformed file to query and timed out

I am having "window nt" and i want to run with out any hardware connected.

Please tell me where i might have gone wrong.
Please help me in running my application.
with regards
sudheer

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!