Re: Does Ecos supports Loopback ?

"Sorin Babeanu" <sorin@netappi.com> writes:
> 	Has anyone tested TCP/IP stack in ecos, using a loopback interface ,
> without using a real ethernet card ?
> 	Is there any support in Ecos for that ?

(As you may have seen in other messages here...)

It's intended to work without a real interface or driver, using the
loopback device.

We have suspicions from reports on this list that the network stack does
not work if there are no real devices present, but we have not investigated
this at all - all the people using the stack commercially do have real
devices so all is well with them.

If someone would investigate this and confirm/deny the rumour, we would be
grateful, of course; a contributed fix would incur even greater thanks ;-)

	- Huge