Re: CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX_DRAM_SIZE - uh ooo

On Fri, 2001-09-07 at 05:58, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> "Trenton D. Adams" wrote:
> >
> > Are legal values for this really 0 2 16 for the edb7xxx?  We have our
> > board designed with 1 Meg RAM.  Is this going to cause a problem?
>
> Your board isn't an edb7xxx which is why other values haven't been
> considered in the board. Short answer: it depends. The important stuff is
> to do with the MMU setup. See include/hal_platform_setup.h and see what
> fits your physical setup. Probably the 2mb setup.

Indeed.  EDB7xxx are the evaulation boards from Cirrus Logic which
support their EP7xxx chipsets.  If you build a different board (i.e.
platform in eCos parlance), you'll need to tweak the platform support.
This may be only as hard as a few lines of change (which is why we
have a single "platform" for a number of their boards - they are all
quite similar), or as hard as cloning a new platform if there are
a number of differences.