Re: gcc 3.0 and cr/lf

Grant Edwards wrote:

> I noticed in the Gnu cpp manual that the 3.0 version handles
> cr/lf line endings!
>
> I've got a customer who wants to compile for eCos some source
> files are also used in an MS Visual C++ app, and he wants to
> leave the cr/lf endings in the files.

There are still potential crlf issues in makefiles, shell scripts etc. Line
continuation characters (i.e. backslash newline) tend to be the main
problem.

> Using gcc 3.01 would solve that problem, but I'm a bit too much
> of a chicken to switch just yet.  Is anybody else using gcc
> 3.01 (arm-elf target) for eCos apps?

Well, me. There are a few issues though, e.g. the patch I sent earlier
today for thumb. And one or two other bugs although you may not hit them.

We (mostly Gary) have cleaned up the conflicts with redboot's printf and
GCC's assumptions for a printf builtin, which is one significant thing.

Overall once you've got a small number of fixes in place, it works. I got a
100% pass rate for the eCos tests in the default configuration, but it's
not going to be getting tested in the eCos test farm so that's not a
guarantee.

Jifl