RE: build redboot from the source code

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm getting closer.  The problem lies in
printf.  If
I use diag_printf() in the redboot function do_version, I at least get past
that
function before the system locks up.

Question:
1. Does the default serial settings assume hardware handshaking?  My
hardware is
set up as follows (no hardware handshaking):

DSR <---> DTR
CTS <---> RTS

2. Does the redboot default serial settings use interrupts?  Maybe the
interrupt stack
is not set up correctly?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
By the way, I have never experienced any problems with printf() in my
application code,
so I'm not sure what would be different in RedBoot.

Warren