Re: Question about GDB response operation on Target.

Tony Ko wrote:

> hi.
> I try to debug my custom board(mpc860 board) through GDB.
> I used CVS eCos package and made eCos image including GDB stubs.
> but some wierd result happens when program stop by breakpoint.
>
> Passing argument values are not correct. Those looks like a kind of
> garbage value.
>
> So I changed option from CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS to
> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_CTRLC_SUPPORT in debugging.cdl.
>
> then Passing argument values are CORRECT !!!

What you did meant that it is using the stubs in redboot. This probably
means there is some bug affecting the stubs included in your application,
probably a bug in the HAL, but which wasn't present in the sources when the
redboot you are using was built.

You'll have to have a go at debugging it if you want it fixed I'm afraid.

> But I wonder how Target respond to GDB command from Host.
> I looked into eCos source about GDB stub related part.
> But I'm afraid I could not find where target respond to GDB command.
> I mean most of GDB stub related parts are limited with
> " #ifdef CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS".
>
> So let me know where(on eCos package source) target respond to GDB
> command
> when CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_CTRLC_SUPPORT option is used.

In RedBoot. The application won't see the GDB traffic.

Jifl