redboot conflicting with ethernet application driver

I've finally got my application to compile with TCP/IP support. I'm using the
following commands to setup the eCos kernel:

ecosconfig new iq80310
ecosconfig add net
ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET_ETH_DRIVERS
ecosconfig tree
make

And everything compiles just fine. My applications link happily with it as
well.

However, I can see that when I download the application to redboot, my
application crashes. I've traced this to the driver in my application (which
DOESN'T use any TCP/IP calls). It seems that the kernel as compiled above
cannot coexist with the driver in Redboot (presumably, they are the same
exact driver.) I'm using a standard redboot downloaded from redhat's site.

Does anybody know either:

* How to disable the ethernet driver support with redboot under the XScale

or

* How to make the application ethernet driver coexist with the redboot
ethernet driver

?

Either solution is fine with me.  It might be as simple as adding a package,
or not adding one, but I haven't been able to find any documentation
describing what is required.

A finger point (not that finger) to where I can find the documentation to
resolve this problem would also be much appreciated. I'll even write a
pseudo-driver if needed that will talk to the redboot driver if somebody can
tell me how.

Thank you,
-Rich