Re: Building eCOS for the first time (or hoping so)

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 11:07:15PM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Mathieu Routhier wrote:
>
> > Anyway, now the project fails during compilation.  I've made no
> > modification to the default config.  At the bottom of the message is the
> > line that generates the error.  The part following 'Assembler messages'
> > reads 'for reading.open' but is really 'Could not open [] for reading',
> > where [] is a 0x0D ascii character.
> >
> > So the Assembler tries to open the file called 0x0D.  This is bad :)
>
> You have to play with the cygwin mount points. Make sure the eCos sources
> are mounted in "text" mode, e.g. with:
>
> mount -f -t c:/ /c

And remember to use an editor that preserves Unix line endings
in source files.

We're in the initial stages of shipping an eCos development kit
for our platform.  It includes bot Cygwin and Linux toolchains,
examples apps, etc.  I'm convinced that you're better off in
the long run if you do eCos development under Linux -- even if
you have to spend a couple weeks getting used to Linux.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com