RE: RedBoot fis command not working?

> On Fri, 2001-09-21 at 00:56, Trenton D. Adams wrote:
> > RedBoot> fis load RedBoot[backup]
> > Not a loadable image
> >
> > Why won't it work according to the documentation?  Why is it not a
> > loadable image?
> >

> Because the "memory address" for the image is not in RAM.  The
> 'fis load' command knows only this address for where to load
> into. If it's not in RAM, it can't be loaded.
That's what I figured! :)

> > Now this is the weird part.  I created my own RAM image,
> and wrote it
> > over RedBoot[backup] with "-e 0x20040 -r 0x20000".  Now if
> I load from
> > the fis and compare the memory dumps they are the same.  Is
> this a bug
> > in RedBoot maybe?
> >

> It looks like it works if you've created the image correctly.
>
> Can you make the failure mode happen again, or was it a one-off?

Yep, I think I can make it happen.  It's happened several times unless I
do everything the exact right way!  I'll try tomorrow when I get to
work.

> > One last thing.
> >
> > If I do a "load -m xmodem" and then send an srec of a RedBoot ROM
> > image, RedBoot accepts the first few bytes, and then hangs.
>  I assume
> > this is because it's trying to load the ROM image into 0xe0000000
> > which is flash!?  This is because the SREC says that's the memory
> > location right? If so, maybe RedBoot could be changed to
> say something
> > rather than just hanging until the transfer is cancelled by
> the user?
> > Maybe I'm the one to make that change if I have time.  I would need
> > someone to tell me which function/file to look in so I
> don't waste to
> > much time looking for it though.
> >

> Actually, the 'load' process does abort properly - it's the X-modem
> stuff that's probably hanging up.  This is somewhat hard
> problem, but we've done some work on it recently.  Have you
> tried the most recent RedBoot sources (since September 10 or so)?

Note that when I say hang, I mean hang until I press cancel! :)  The
transfer goes a little and then just stops until cancel is pressed on my
end.