Re: What I need to run "cyg_thread_delay" onredboot(motorola MBX)

On Fri, 2001-09-21 at 14:27, syyi04 wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
> Q : How can I run "cyg_thread_delay" on redboot? (Motorola MBX)
>
> The following is what I've done to enable it on redboot.
>   It works fine in the ECOS(ram version) but not on redboot(rom version).
>   I add some packages to use the ECOS kernel on redboot.
>     - eCos kernel
>     - Dynamic memory allocation
>     - ISO C and POSIX infrastructure, etc.....
>  After cyg_scheduler_start, context switching works between threads
>  which created by cyg_thread_create(...).
>  But stuck in the cyg_thread_delay() function. It never ends.
>  What should I initialize to use
>  the clock and alarm related functions such as cyg_thread_delay()??
>  I'm really wit's end.
>
> Thanks in advance.... Good luck..

Sorry, but none of this belongs in a RedBoot configuration.

RedBoot is designed as a single [thread] environment, to run stand-alone
on your hardware.  It is only there to help with bootstrapping and
development and, in deployed systems, aid in system startup and
initialization.

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish?