Dose eCos support C++ or only C?

Does eCos support C++ or only C?

We've developed a protoype board based upon the Cirrus Logic EBD 7312
dev. board. I wrote some code in C, using the eCos API, to test the
serial ports and IO lines. Everything worked well on the board. However,
I'd prefer to write my applications in C++. I wrote a simple serial port
class to test the serial ports. My test program compiled using the
arm-elf-g++ compiler without errors. However, it didn't run on the
board. I didn't see any glaring errors in my code, so I decided to take
my C program and compile it with the arm-elf-g++ compiler. This time,
the C program that had worked previously didn't work on the board.

Is there a simple explanation for this (eg. is there a C++ config.
option in the Configuration tool)?

Thanks for any assistance,

CHRIS.