eth0 entry in NETDEVTBL

Hello,

I am not developing any special network driver for my synthetic target linux.
I am planning to use existing driver that is
"packages/io/eth/current/src/net/eth_drv.c"
I have added CYGPKG_NET and CYGPKG_NET_ETH_DRIVERS. Then built
eCos.

Still in my application I am getting socket/bind error ?

What is needed to make "eth0" interface active ?

Is it required to populate the "eth0" entry in NETDEVTBL as a part of
initialization ?

Looks like eth_drv_net("eth0") call does not find any valid entry in NETDEVTBL
!!

Please guide me.

Thanks & regards
Sunil Savanur

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customers
and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.