socket error

Hello,

I am trying to run socket-based application on ecos. I have tried two options

1. Latest eCos downloaded from CVS and target as standalone i386/PC .
    I could not compile latest eCos source code using i386-elf-gcc,
    as vectors.S in  ./packages/hal/i386/arch/current/src/vectors.S
    gave eCos compilation error on LINE:243:"unterminated character constant"

   Please let me know what could be the error

   So I used ....
2. ecos 1.3.1 and target as standalone i386/PC
    I have compiled entire eCos sources (including all NET packages) using
i386-elf-gcc.
    Compiled gdb-stub using i386-elf-gcc and prepared "gdb_module.bin"

   Tested this gdb-stub using hello-world program successfully.
    I have Intel ether-express card on my target machine (PC)

   But still it this setup gives me socket / bind error. I get socket descriptor
as 0.
   What could be the reason?

   How make sure that NETDEV table contains valid entries ?
    Is there any utility which prints this out ?
   Is it that ethernet driver is not present on this target i386 PC ?

Looking forawrd to your valuable feedback.

Thanks & regards
Sunil Savanur

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customers
and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.