Copyrights

Hi,

I have a question about copyrights and I send this
question to ecos-discuss because it might be of
general interest. The question concern the license
at http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/license.html

My company will use an evaluation board with a
MPC850. There is currently no eCos port for this
board but we intend to modify an existing port
for an other MPC850 board.

1) Do my company have to transfer the copyright of
   this new port to RedHat?

We need an USB slave driver for our MPC850 board but
there is none for the existing port. We intend to
modify/rewrite the SA1110 driver. This is a
considerable reconstruction of the existing code.

2) Do my company have to transfer the copyright of
   this USB driver to RedHat?

We also intend to add custom CAN hardware to this
evaluation board and construct eCos drivers for this
hardware. This will be completely new code, i.e.
no reuse, modifications to existing code.

3) Do my company have to transfer the copyright of
   this CAN hardware driver to RedHat?

We will write application code using this new port
of eCos.

4) Do we have to transfer the copyright of application
   code to RedHat.

/Lars Lindqvist