RE: packet dumping

Not hard at all! :)

extern int net_debug;

net_debug = 1;

With that as 1, diag_dump_buf() is called on each packet.

Is that a good way of doing it?

Maybe we should add some #ifdefs along with a CDL MACRO instead of using
"if (net_debug) {do net debug code}"?  After all, the if (net_debug) is
always going to be compiled in right now, isn't it?

If you want, I'll make the changes and submit a patch.  I think the only
modification required are in around 2 places in eth_drv.c!?

If you want me to, which package CDL should have the option?