RE: problem in ROM startup application execution

hi all/garry thomas,

In continuation with my earlier mail if see the symbols in my application,

the exception handler is at 00010000 instead of 01820000. this is what it

lists.

00010000 ? __exception_handlers

where as for redboot it is

01820000 ? __exception_handlers

any idea where to set the value of __exception_handlers

thanks and regards,

/Ravi

Atlast i am able to add the module header and build standalone application. i

could burn the application in the flash. and the "rommodules" command (a BSL

command) lists it perfectly. but when i reset the board i expect the

application to execute(i have set the flags to auto start in the module

header)the way redboot does. I am not able to figure out what happend after

the system is reset seems like it is hanging.

I have tried to follow the redboot build method and redboot_module.c. In that

i have few doubts.

1. I could not understand what "redboot_inits" stands for.

2. I have the cyg user start function in my code and it is calling the

hal_if_diag_init() do i need to call CYGACC_CALL_IF_SET_CONSOLE_COMM the way

redboot does. if so could you please let me know what exactly it does?

3. I saw

CYG_HAL_TABLE_BEGIN( __RedBoot_INIT_TAB__, RedBoot_inits );

CYG_HAL_TABLE_END( __RedBoot_INIT_TAB_END__, RedBoot_inits );

these statements in main.c file in redboot/current/src directory. do i need

to do these things if so what these things do? is there any document which

explains these stuff.

4.do it need to add any of the startup code. or set the variables ram_start,

ram_end, workspace_start, workspace_end, workspace_size ?

thanks in advance,

regards,

/Ravi kumar