Re: Error loading package template 'elix':

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Larmour" <jlarmour@redhat.com>
To: "Chris Garry" <cgarry@sweeneydesign.co.uk>
Cc: <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Error loading package template 'elix':

> Chris Garry wrote:
> >
> > Now however, I am seeing unresolved conflicts:
> >
> > CYGPKG_POSIX_CLOCKS  Unsatisfied Requires CYGBLD_ISO_POSIX_CLO...
> > CYGPKG_POSIX_CLOCKS  Unsatisfied Requires CYGBLD_ISO_POSIX_CLO...
> >
> > I've tried (and failed) to fix these.  I and using the E7T target but
see
> > the same
> > unresolved conflicts whatever target I try and build the elix template
for.

> > Is this an issue with the GUI config tool or does the command line
version
> > have this
> > problem also?
>
> You need to use updated tools from
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html
>
> Jifl

The updated configtool (both 1.3.1.3 and 1.3.net) solve the unresolved
conflicts
problem.  Allowing me to build libtarget.a for the E7T using the elix
template.

However, when I try and build my application I get the following error:

$arm-elf-gcc -g -o hello.exe -I/eCosBuild/elix_install/include
hello.c -L/eCosBuild/elix_install/lib -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib
/tools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/arm-elf/bin/ld: address 0x9815c of hello.exe section
.bss is not within region ram
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [hello.exe] Error 1

I tried the same thing but with the AEB-1 as the target and there were no
errors, so it looks like it is only an E7T
problem.

--
Chris