Re: eCos for Cirrus Logic 7312

Chris Sekula wrote:

> About a month ago, Johnathan mentioned in a reply to one of my questions
> about FLASH drivers that Red Hat has been working on a port for the
> Cirrus Logic 7312 chip. I was wondering if this has been released to the
> public yet? If it has not, do you have any estimate as to when it will
> be released?

At this time, I'm afraid not. It won't be for some time yet.

> Johnathan also mentioned something about the port being
> available through an early access program. What is this?

Basically, we give you a custom release with everything you require
included, and include full technical support - important for a recently
added port, so we can answer your queries, or fix your problems fully and
quickly. In the case of the EP7312 development kit, we have support for
flash, ethernet, serial and RedBoot included as part of the port.

If you (or anyone else) is interested in this program, feel free to mail
ecos-info@redhat.com and someone will get back to you to discuss further.

Jifl