Re: Does eCos/redboot support DOC

"Q. jason" wrote:

> Hi ,everyone!
> Can anybody tell me if eCos/redboot support DOC?

Not directly.

> If i put the redboot.bin - or the other image that can be used to boot from floopy - in the Binary (BDK) Partition , does it work?

"Floppy" implies to me you're using this with x86. With DoC this will
effectively appear as an IDE drive so your question is analogous to whether
RedBoot can be made to boot off an IDE drive.

The answer is that it can, but the support isn't there. If you looked in
the PC target in platform.inc you should see assembler code to do the
floppy booting - loading the image sector by sector. The equivalent needs
to be done for IDE.

Jifl