Re: Question about GDB debugger output message?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 09:42:02AM -0000, HuangQiang wrote:
> Dear all:
>     When I tried to run my program with the arm-elf-gdb command
>
> load --> continue --> output message:
>
> PANIC: mbinit
>
> What does that mean? Is that mean something wrong with the program being
> run?

The TCP/IP stack does not use the normal asserts eCos provides. It has
its own. This panic is the stack throwing an assert. Have a look in
packages/net/tcpip/current/src/ecos/support.c. mbinit is a message
being passed in.

In fact mbinit is a function which is called at start up time. The
code is in packages/net/tcpip/current/src/sys/kern/uipc_mbuf.c. It
tries to initialise the memory buffers. When this initialisation
fails, it panic's.

       Andrew