Re: Insight

Neil Grooby wrote:

> We are using Insight built as per the instructions on the ECOS sight.
>
> Using the Arm Evaluator Board we are having lockups using Insight Via a
> serial link under Windows NT4.0. This generally is when we attempt to re-run
> some code.
>
> Two questions:
> 1.      Does anyone know if the GNU Pro tool chain exhibits this problem ?

Nope. Haven't seen this. When you say "rerun", what steps are you taking?
Are you remembering to download the program again? Also remember that
unless you do a hard reset or there's a special soft reset function on your
board, not every bit of state will be reinitialized when a reset happens.
So if, for example, your program configures a peripheral in a certain way,
it may remain that way after the reset, even with a different program.

> 2.      Does Insight work better via a JTAG rather than serial interface ?
> Any comments on appropriate JTAG modules would also be helpful.

I know the EPI Jeeni is both popular and useful. There's no thread
debugging though, be warned.

Jifl