Redboot -Linux serial communication.

 Hi all ,

             I am newbe to redboot & ecos .
I have  booted my pc (i386) with the help of redboot
from floppy .
I amazed to see the result that how a single stand
alone redboot can boot a pc .
I want to load certain files with redboot ,for that  I
connect two pc one is having linux & other is booted
from redboot  with serial ports. Then I run following
commonds from redboot prompt.
            Load –r –v –m xmodem  filename –b
<base_address>
The filename is my executable file of linux
application programe .similarly I also tried for other
files.
I have applied  all sort of combination  but it fails,
giving  error   “can’t load file …., time out”
I  don’t know what is my mistake. Please help me out.

how can I know whether serial link is working or not?

Regards!!

UMESH