How can I ping the target from my host?

Hi,

I want to know , When I used the followed code, I could not
ping from a host to the target?

I create a thread with priority 20,the main body of the thread is:
{
init_all_network_interfaces();
while(1);
}

Network setting is using the DHCP and sets the "Debug output".
The network initialization works fine and gives an IP of the target:
192.168.1.8

My host IP is 192.168.1.14, I used the command:
"ping 192.168.1.8"
from my host,it gives me the message:
"Request timed out.".

My "debug" is:

$arm-elf-gdb -nw main.exe
gdb>set remotebaud 38400
gdb>target remote com1
gdb>load
gdb>cont

then I do the ping work from my host(windows me, dos prompt).

What should I do ?

>From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com>
>To: Shulin Cui <cuishulin@hotmail.com>
>CC: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] How can I ping the target from my host?
>Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:46:46 +0000
>
>Shulin Cui wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >   I pinged the host and the network worked fine. when I ping the target
> > board from the host, it always says "Request timed out.".
> >   Is that after the call of init_all_network_interfaces() I can ping
>from my
> > host,or some other thing must be done to enable this ping functions?
> >   Please give me some advice.
>
>If you mean: it doesn't work until you call init_all_network_interfaces(),
>then that's normal.
>
>Jifl
>--
>Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
>Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine

Thanks for your attention.

Cui