Re: Redboot (loading file )

I have also had a similar problem loading files with RedBoot.  I am working
on a port of eCos to Motorola's MPC8260 ADS board.

I only have a serial port for comm.

I built the hello example, used objcopy to create an srec file and then
tried to download the srec with the command

RedBoot> load -m xmodem

I then select Transfer->Send File from the HyperTerm menu and browse to
find my hello.srec file.

The transfer goes smoothly until packet 1151 (144K into the transfer) and
then the transfer hangs up.  Eventually HyperTerm
gives up and RedBoot prints the message

*** Warning! Checksum failure - Addr: 4c7f0, 9D <> 00
xyzModem - CRC mode, 1152(SOH)/0(STX)/0(CAN) packets, 28 retries

Strangely enough, the line in the srec file with the starting address
0x4c7f0 has a checksum of F2.

I thought that this was a problem with my port, but I have seen several
messages lately which indicate that the downloads are stopping at around
144K, so perhaps I was looking in the wrong place for the bug.

I have not had any success debugging the problem.  Can someone suggest a
method ?(I only have the 1 serial port for comm available).

Incidentally, using a raw download (load -r -m xmodem -b 0x20000) hangs up
at 288K.