Re: eCos TCP/IP Performance

Thanks for the info Doug.

I was initially hoping to use the SMSC 91C111 Ethernet controller since it
did not require a PCI bus as I understand the 21143 and 82559 do.
Unfortunately, the 91C111 does not support DMA.

Was your experience with the PowerPC using the MPC860T or a different MPC8XX
variant?  It looks to me like the MPC860T chip was designed to do Fast
Ethernet.  It would discourage me from considering that solution if you had
trouble getting it to do 10 Mbit/s.

Paul