Redboot compilation problem.

Hello all,
  I have managed to get about 3 steps forward and 4 steps back in only one
day!

I have the tools installed (I believe properly) and I am using the following
commands in an attempt to compile Redboot to get an up to date floppy image
to boot from (/tmp/redboot/ is the location I am trying to build to).

#ecosconfig --prefix=/tmp/redboot/ new pc redboot
#ecosconfig --prefix=/tmp/redboot/ import
hal/i386/pc/current/misc/redboot_FLOOPY.ecm
#ecosconfig tree

These commands seem to complete successfully (albeit with a couple of new
inferred value this and that's which I assume to be benign).  Then I type :

#make

Make goes fine until it gets to the redboot/current section of the makefile,
then spews the following errors :

i386-elf-gcc -g -nostdlib -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-static
-L/ecos-c/cygwin/tmp/redboot/lib -Ttarget.ld
-o /ecos-c/cygwin/tmp/redboot/bin/redboot.elf
/ecos-c/cygwin/tmp/redboot/lib/version.o
/ecos-c/cygwin/tmp/redboot/lib/vectors.o: In function `_loadsector':
/ecos-c/cygwin/tmp/redboot/lib/vectors.o(.text+0x92): relocation truncated
to fit: R_386_16 text
/ecos-c/cygwin/tmp/redboot/lib/vectors.o: In function `_endload':
/ecos-c/cygwin/tmp/redboot/lib/vectors.o(.text+0x217): relocation truncated
to fit: R_386_16 text
/ecos-c/cygwin/tmp/redboot/lib/vectors.o(.text+0x21d): relocation truncated
to fit: R_386_16 text
/ecos-c/cygwin/tmp/redboot/lib/vectors.o(.text+0x228): relocation truncated
to fit: R_386_16 text
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/ecos-c/cygwin/tmp/redboot/bin/redboot.elf] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/my_ecos/packages/redboot/current'
make: *** [build] Error 2

This to me looks like some kind of link error with some real mode stuff that
loads from the floppy.  There is some stuff going on in the changelog in the
last few weeks that could somehow be related, but I'm having trouble
narrowing down the possibilities.

Is anyone else having similar problems/have any idea what's going on?

Would anyone be willing to e-mail me a working i386 RedBoot floppy image?

I'm going to try installing the tools and setting up under Redhat 7.2 as
opposed to Cygwin to see if things work better there.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm at about wits end trying to get the
hello-world app to boot!

Thanks.

-Erik Reikes