Re: Thumb compiler..

David,

   I have not had problems with gcc-3.0.3.  I did need
to modify arm.ld to remove the reference to
libsupc++.a in the GROUP statement.  I have not yet
seen any unhealthy side effects from that.

To have ARM and Thumb code work together, you need to
build the compiler so it supports interworking.
Unless I did it the hard way, you need to modify
$GCCSOURCE/gcc/config/arm/t-arm-elf
so that interworking is properly built. I made sure I
rebuilt newlib after building arm-elf-gcc with
multilib support.  I cannot remember if I needed to do
so for eCos since I needed to do it for standalone ARM
code that uses newlib.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rob