Re: System timer resolution and TCP/IP package

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 09:07:59AM +0100, Jurica Baricevic wrote:

> > > Well, it's not one of the things likely to get fixed otherwise
> > > :-|. If you don't get round to fixing it, it would probably be
> > > good to submit it as a bug so we don't lose it.
> >
> > If somebody else is working on it I don't want to duplicate
> > efforts.  Has anybody started?
>
> Well, I have just tried the first two (trivial) modifications from my list
> and at the first glance the clock tick looked good. Since I am also
> interested in running network package at 1ms I could also lose some time on
> getting it.

I just heard from another customer who'd like system timer
resolution better than 10ms (and he wants network stuff to
work).  This looks like something I'm going to want to provide
in the near future.

Is there anything I can help work on or test?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com