Re: Thread specific data

Tom Coremans wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to use the cyg_thread_set_data (index, data) function in ecos.
> Do I have to call the cyg_thread_new_data_index() first to get an index or
> can I just use a random number as an index?

*Strictly* yes call the function. In practice you could use a fixed slot.
You could reuse a fixed slot allocated to something else if you aren't
using the particular package, e.g. uItron (see under the
CYGNUM_KERNEL_THREADS_DATA_ALL option).

Or you could add a new one by upping CYGNUM_KERNEL_THREADS_DATA_ALL to 31,
upping CYGNUM_KERNEL_THREADS_DATA_MAX a bit and use any key from 4-7
inclusive.

> And suspose I must use the cyg_thread_new_data_index first, is there a way of
> knowing wich index a will get??

If you could know that, you wouldn't need to call it ;-).

Jifl