Re: console Vs GUI gdb on i386 target

Pete Barrie wrote:

> > > 2. I've also changed these in Redboot build - no
> > > success - printf still goes to debug serial line
>
> Should the macros be changed in Redboot
> as well?

Not really. In fact it won't have an effect for RedBoot since RedBoot
always listens on all channels at first anyway.

> *** See bottom of this mail for selective macro
> settings from my .ecc file in case there is anything
> that has been forgotten.

It does look right to me, but I confess I've been going off the top of my
head. Try enabling the CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CLAIM_COMMS macro as well
then, although I didn't think that was required.

In order to help you debug this yourself, the file to look at in the eCos
sources is hal/common/current/src/hal_if.c. Search for these macro names
(CLAIM_COMMS, INHERIT_CONSOLE, etc.) in there to see the effects.

Jifl