Re: [ecos] directory layout for porting ecos

Hugo Villeneuve wrote:

> Hi,
>
>          I want to port ecos for my own proprietary platform, which is
> based on the Atmel AT91FR4081 ARM processor variant. Based on what I
> understood of the ecos documentation, I should port ecos to the specific
> variant I'm using (creation of a "packages/hal/arm/at91fr4081" directory),
> and then I should port ecos to my specific platform (creation of a
> "packages/hal/arm/my_board_name" directory).
>
>          To not start from scratch, I checked the ecos port for the Atmel
> EB40 Evaluation board (based on the Atmel AT91R40807 ARM processor
> variant). But I only see a "packages/hal/arm/at91" directory, without a
> platform directory "packages/hal/arm/eb40".

Almost everything that's needed should be in the at91 HAL already since
this is a highly integrated chip. It may indeed be better in the future to
separate maybe the memory layout at least out, in which case it's best done
in the form of a patch ;-).

Jifl