Re: Error Message when I install net-1_01b1.epk

I had the same problem with an over package.
The problem was in the ecosadmin.tcl under cygwin.
The solution is to install manually the package.
In fact, the .epk file is a Zip file. You can use the following command to decompress the package.

    gzip -d -S .epk the_package.epk

You will obtain the same file without extension.

This decompressed file is a tar file.
Go in the ecos "packages" directory and decompress it:

    tar -xvof the_package

the package files will be added in the directory and a pkgadd.db file will be extracted in the current directory.
You just have to had the content of this file in the ecos.db file and the new package will be accessible in the ecos configuration tool.

Patrice