Re: problem with i-paq h3870 redboot install

ecos-discuss restored to cc list.

On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 12:55, Jared W. Alessandroni wrote:
> --- You wrote:
> What version of RedBoot have you installed?  Where did you get it?
>
> You should be able to connect via a serial port at this point at
> 38400/8N1.  Have you tried that?
> --- end of quote ---
>
> Thanks so much for your quick response!!!!!
>
> Yes, I tried to connect with those settings, it didn't let me.  I got the redboot from
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/redbootbins/ipaq/
>
> Are there other binaries?  I was thinking maybe that this was designed for a 3600 or something.  Thanks again!

Those files are old, but should be functional.  However, we've never
tried it on a 3870, only on the 3600 series units.

In order to use the serial connection, make sure and not touch the
keyboard or touchscreen after you start the program.  You should be
able to type RedBoot commands on the serial port.

Note: email sent directly to eCos engineers, without being copied to
the eCos discussion list, can and will be ignored.  Direct access is
available with a support contract.