Re: ARM AEB-1 download problem

"Koeller, T." wrote:

> I am trying to install the GDB stubs from eCos 1.3.1 on my ARM AEB-1 board.
> The method described in the tutorial does not work for me, because I do not
> get a prompt from the ROM boot monitor.

Did you try pressing ENTER just in case?

> The first prompt I see is from
> Angel.
> So I tried the method described for the PID, but that did not work either
> (see
> transcript below). Anyone able to help me with this?
>
> Thomas
>
> ---------------------------------------
> $ arm-elf-gdb -nw "/d/program files/red
> hat/ecos/loaders/arm-aeb/gdb_module-revC.img"
> GNU gdb 5.1.1
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=arm-elf"...
> (no debugging symbols found)...
> (gdb) set remotebaud 9600
> (gdb) target rdi s=com1
> Angel Debug Monitor (serial) 1.04 (Advanced RISC Machines SDT 2.11a) for
> AT91EB0x (1.01)

Sure this is an AEB-1?!

> Angel Debug Monitor rebuilt on Sep 14 1998 at 14:52:22
> Serial Rate:   9600
>  Connected to ARM RDI target.
> (gdb) load
> Invalid download offset: files/red
> hat/ecos/loaders/arm-aeb/gdb_module-revC.img

Firstly: This image will have a load address (LMA) that points into flash,
which is why it thinks it is wrong. You' would need to tweak it using
arm-elf-objcopy to load it into RAM.

But secondly it doesn't matter because there's no mechanism to program it
into flash - there's no flash driver, which is why you need the AEB boot
monitor.

Unless this really is an AT91EB0x, in which case there's an eCos port in
anoncvs.

Jifl