Re: ARM SDT2.51 vs arm-elf-gcc

Well I went on a hack and I've managed to build the Parthus Bluestream
stack with armcc from ADS 1.1, eCos with arm-elf-gcc 2.95.3, the interface
and application files with arm-elf-gcc and link it all together with
arm-elf-ld with a modified linker script and a load of glue :-)

I haven't actually put it down on a board ( I don't have one available at
the moment ), but it linked together fine ... I'd say issues around apcs,
and structure packing may be the only thing that might hit me ..

Linker script modification were, to the list of .text sections I had to
add *(i.*) and to the .rodata section I had to add *(.constdata*)

i. sections are generated with armcc -zo which is like the function/data
sections from gcc,

if it works on board it'll have been worth the laugh for the reduced code
size figures :-), now for thumb !!!

Dave.

--
      David Airlie, Software Engineer, Parthus Technologies plc.,
       Mary Rosse Centre, National Tech Park, Limerick, Ireland.