RE: Using the second serial port on ARM-E7T

Ravi Kumar B S wrote:

> How to use the second serial port on ARM-E7T.
> On the card, this port is named COM0 or USER.
> What to change in the ecos configuration ?
> How to open it :
> I tried something like :
> fp = fopen("/dev/ser0", "rw");
> fprintf(fp, "hello\n");
>
> without success.
> Thank you for your help.
> >

> to use the second serial port you have to have the serial driver.
> which is not there in the current release.

It should be! It was contributed by Lars Lindqvist from Combitech. Whether
it works or not I don't know though :-).

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ecos/packages/devs/serial/arm/e7
t/current/?cvsroot=ecos

perhaps i have some old source archive. Infact i got the code from
Jonathan Larmour and used it. it works fine except that non blocking read
does not work.
It is stable. but you can not transmit data at very high rate. at times there
is data loss.

hope this helps.

/Ravi