floppy, malloc, "heap2"

Hi, I encountered this problem myself:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2001-09/msg00600.html

        > When I run the program with RedBoot CYG_HAL_STARTUP is set
        > to RAM (for the program), and I get access to extended
        > memory, but when I want to boot from a floppy I have to set
        > CYG_HAL_STARTUP to FLOPPY and then I loose the extended
        > memory.

        You could add another memory region called "ram2" or something
        using the Memory layout Tool, and then create a user-defined
        section within that called "heap2". It should be used by
        malloc by default.

but I'm using Linux to set up my system, and there is no "Memory
layout Tool".  I have a suspicion that the file to fool around with
is:

ecos/packages/hal/i386/pc/current/include/pkgconf/mlt_i386_pc_floppy.mlt

because it's the only non-auto generated one (or so it would appear
from the lack of comments to that affect).

What should I add? Do I have to change anything else?  Wouldn't it be
convenient to add this in as another option (profile?), so that people
experimenting with eCos could easily take advantage of their PC's?

In any case, thankyou for your time, and eCos - it's very interesting!
--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/